Saturday 22 November 2014

Gothic Victorian Parlour and Chandelier

This week I have spent a lot of effort trying to finish off the front parlour of the half scale house. I settled on a deep red flocked wallpaper and mustard trim. These colours seemed suitably gaudy for a Victorian interior. 


I chose a maroon patterned ceiling paper. 


To finish off the room I needed a chandelier. I am fed up with trying to shop for half scale lights, they are either too expensive (around $170 US) or cheap, nasty and really out of scale. I decided to try and make my own. It actually wasn't too hard. I bought an LED kit fromTrue 2 Scale and some gold wire.


I used 1:12 scale plastic wine glasses for the gas globes. I cut the stems off and pierced a hole in the middle for the LED to fit through. 






Now all the architraves are painted and fitted, and wallpaper applied. It looks gaudy, but pretty appropriate for a victorian parlour. I have ordered some tiny palms and ferns for the parlour, as I think they are a must have accessory. 



Next, the dining room!

9 comments:

  1. Just excellent! What you've accomplished is so great and a real reminder that, with a lot of skill of course, it is possible to create incredible things in miniature at home, without paying over the odds for it on line.
    Congratulations, I have been inspired. I can't wait to see what you do with the dining room.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gustan los colores y todo el artesonado que has puesto. Buen trabajo con la lámpara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unos diseños preciosos y muy elegantes,tanto en los artesonados como en esa lámpara que se ve perfecta para la ambientación de la habitación!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful selfmade chandelier!!!
    groetjes van Marijke (thuis-in-het-klein)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estupendos trabajos.
    FELICES FIESTAS
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAN- TASTIC!!!! What a rich looking parlor and what a wonderful chandelier! Using the bowl of the 12th scale glasses for the shades was a stroke of pure Genius! I love the final effect with the ceiling medallion! You Go Girl! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work. It seems to take much time. But, worth it.

    Congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and think your work is fantastic. I am also a fan of half scale and intend making and selling house and furniture kits with plenty of detail. I absolutely adore your Gothic architectural components. You've done an amazing job designing them. My husband has bought me a small laser cutter, but I need to get some pieces cut with a large machine and was hoping you may be able to tell me where you had yours done please. I haven't had much luck so far with the companies I've contacted and would appreciate hearing where you got yours done. Thanks for your help. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete