Monday 19 October 2015

Furniture making - first attempts

Hi all, its been a little while since my last post. This is because I have been studying full time and working three jobs.

Ive recently had a bit more time though, and here are my latest creations. I am working on filing my 1:24 half scale house with half scale furniture. After browsing widely on the net for about two years I finally came to the conclusion that if I wanted good furniture in 1:24 I just had to make it myself!

These are my first wobbly attempts. All made in basswood.

I started with an octagonal card table:


I added inlay by using some left over thin flooring wood, cut very tiny. I realised the basswood was thicker than the veneer so I packed out the base with masking tape (you can see the white tape there). 



It got slightly fiddly. 




In order to make the legs stand evenly under the table I pressurised it when the glue was drying. 


 Next up: the gothic style victorian book case. Also made in balsa.


The finished products!



6 comments:

  1. If these are your first attempts: watch out (mini) world! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of your three jobs could be replaced by marketing these! Seriously do you make and sell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un gran trabajo,me encantan tus piezas!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are your first attempts? You're a natural, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete