I continued on the attic rooms today. I decided on a blue bedroom to the right, a yellow corridor and a small bathroom on the left (the colour of which is yet to be decided).
I chose the blue pattern for the bedroom.
Wallpapering such an oddly shaped room was a challenge. So I began with the window, fanning the paper out so the joins would be less obvious if the joins were imperfect.
I worked on the the right and left walls before I glued them in, which made things much easier.
I decided not to glue in the skirting board until after the floor was down - leaving more room for error in that department.
The old window sill fell out, to I made up a new one (old on the right).
Before the right wall was glued in I also decorated the other side.
I think the blue compliments the other colours in the house (please excuse my camera, it doesn't show the colours here very well).
I won't use a cornice in the blue room (since it is only a bedroom and probably quite plain). I think it looks ok without one.