Saturday 15 June 2013

Ground Floor of the Bungalow Goes Up

This week I made some more progress with the bungalow. Before I glued the ground floor walls up I needed to finish the panelling. 


I cut down the interior wall to make a craftsman style room divider. 




I built up the divider with base wood. 


I made the panelling for the lounge room as well, and stained it to give it a rich wood colour.



I then glued the ground floor walls to the base. I pre-painted the base, though I intend to put down real wood flooring soon.




The struggle to choose the right wall paper continues...


Thanks for all your tips in my last post! They were most helpful.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful work! I am afraid I am not much of a help to decide what wallpaper you have to choose ;)! All sorts of wallpaper are gorgeous!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking terrific! Great sense of proportion and detail.

    You're on your own with the wall paper choice. I think the above sample looks terrific. I've been searching for weeks for my English cottage bathroom wallpaper. There are so many choices.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful project.

    All best,
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bungalow is looking great. I really like the windows. I like your choice of wallpaper also. IndyPoppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Emily,
    I love, love, love this project. you got every detail just right. The woodwork is so rich and beautiful, the divider is perfect! I am so excited by this project. Keep up the good work and good luck choosing wallpaper.
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your divider is looking great! You are so clever to come up with these ideas, and patient too.

    Hmmm, the wallpaper choice is always a difficult one, good luck with that.

    ML Fiona XX

    ReplyDelete