The building of the shell has progressed somewhat today. I cut the door and staircase holes and glued and nailed the whole structure together.
Before I began, I realised my base piece was slightly warped, and had become convex. So I placed it between two saw horses, and nephews helped to bend it back...
Once the base was straight, I began glueing the rest.
Apparently this technique allows you to pull out and work on each interior wall which means it is easier to paint fiddley things. I havn't done it before so I hope it will make things easier.
It took a lot of time getting the wall inserts to fit snuggly.
Tomorrow the staircase will go in and I will cut the facade.