While I was working on the bathroom this weekend, my Mum (Louise) and I also put together a little fern (from a miniature kit she bought at the Melbourne miniatures show) and finished off a little dresser Louise made a little while ago.
The fern kit came with good instructions, but was a bit fiddley.
Louise's little dresser was made correctly (like a real one). Louise buys and restores old furniture, and so has a good working knowledge of their anatomy. She is also quite handy and good at tiny detail!
I discovered to my joy that this little dresser went very well with the little bed we bought from McQueeney Miniatures some time ago.
I began to apply the french polish to the little dresser, layer on layer.
After about six coats it took on a nice sheen that I was happy with.
Meanwhile, Louise was finishing her fern quite nicely.
I then found some little brass nobs and a tiny drill to make the finishing touches.
The fern and the dresser look good in the house.
They made a handsome pair:
Eventually however, the fern found its rightful place in the bathroom, leaving the dresser alone to await some other as yet unfound adornments.