I very glad to announce I have finally finished the bathroom in the American house. After the colour debarcle (my first attempt), I settled on grey blue panelling and yellow wallpaper patterned with blue and maroon florets.
The colours complimented each other quite well and also picked up the colours in the floor.
The overall effect is probably a bit riotous, but then it is a Victorian house!
Fitting the threshold floor boards was a challenge - I also had to french polish this little piece separately too so it matched the floor.
I also had to make some paint touch ups.
I bought a Chrysnbon bathroom kit a few weeks ago, and Mum and I put it together for the bathroom.
I love Chrysnbon kits because of their detail - and was particularly inspired by this post by Otterine.com (which is one of my favourite blogs).
I considered many different positions for the bathroom units, but finally settled on this (believe me, this was not a decision I took lightly!).
The toilet looks swell from the hallway.
I also finished the hallway this weekend too. This means that the entire interior of the American house is finished.
I also added a newly made fern (posts with details of said fern's construction to follow). This turned out to be a nice touch.
The duck I happily discovered in a long neglected drawer seems to enjoy its new home.
I am happy now with the overall impression of the attic.