It has been some time since I did any work on the Bungalow. This is because I moved house and had no room for it so it had to go and live at my parents workshop for a while. I had some time recently to try and finish it. I have to sell it when I am done however, because it is just too big for my tiny apartment.
I started the labour intensive job of putting the eve brackets together and painting them.
Next the front dormer style gable end went on. Inside this gable end I had to create a false ceiling.
Because the rooms inside were thin and deep, I decided to block them off to get rid of the roof slant and give them more normal proportions.
Next I cut the wallpaper to shape for the upstairs rooms. I chose a selection of the Arts and Crafts style Brodnax prints.
This time I chose to use wallpaper paste, and so far it has been very good.
For the bathroom I discovered that craft sticky squares make perfect tiles.
The house is slowly coming together. Hopefully I can finish it before the week is out!
Next is the shingling... the most time consuming task of all. I have chosen to stain the singles once they are glued, as I found this to be a much faster way of doing it (contrary to the suggestion in the Real Good Toys instruction book to stain them individually).
This is the finished central upstairs room. It is looking nice.